The Henry Angel Trackhead is a popular camping area with quality facilities including electric and gas barbecues. It is located around nine kilometres from the town of Tumbarumba on the Tooma Road.
The picnic and camping area is a base for short and longer walks along the Hume and Hovell Track, especially walking up and downstream exploring the Burra Creek and its significant mining history. Dogs not permitted on the track which crosses private land. Information boards are located at the track head.
The entire Hume and Hovell Track stretches 426 kilometres from Yass to Albury and retraces the footsteps of explorers Hamilton Hume and William Hovell on their expedition to Port Phillip in 1824.
Walkers should be adequately clothed with sturdy walking boots. Maps and more information are available from the Tumbarumba Visitor Information Centre.